Hotel Roof Top Lounge Interior Design
“Design is so simple. That’s why it’s so complicated.”– Paul Rand
- Project Year: 2021
- Project Type: Hospitality Interior Design, Roof Top Lounge, Bar, and Cafe
- Project Location: Jeju Island, South Korea
- Project Cost: over $700,000
- Opened up the existing ceiling to create glass pyramid-like architectural feature
- Green (plant) interior design walls not only fulfill decorative functions and complete any interior with their vibrant, lively ways, but by doing so, they also refresh the air and help you stay focused, productive and positive
In 2021, our team at Studiokimi Interior Design & Build had the opportunity to incorporate a green wall into a hospitality interior design project for a hotel lounge and bar. The space, which was over 3000 sq.ft and included a roof top lounge, bar, and seating area, was transformed with the addition of the vertical garden and a botanical garden style glass roof.
To create the glass roof, we removed a portion of the existing roof and carefully planned and consulted with HVAC and electrical specialists to ensure that the functionality of the space was not compromised by the addition of the glass. We also sourced materials that were environmentally friendly and had a low carbon footprint in order to align with the green, plant-focused concept of the space.
The green wall served multiple functions in the space, adding a decorative element and bringing a sense of vibrancy and liveliness to the room. It also had practical benefits, helping to refresh the air and improve the overall air quality in the space. In addition to these benefits, the green wall helped to improve focus, productivity, and positivity for those who were exposed to it.
If you are considering incorporating a green wall into your interior design, there are many different plants and materials that can be used to create a unique and visually appealing space. From small potted plants to larger vertical gardens, there are options to suit a variety of budgets and design preferences.